Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Trading Recap 7/1/15

I had a small loss today on a trade that would have worked out had I stuck with it for the entire day but there was no way to have known that from the time I had entered. I actually got out early when it wasn't doing what I thought and it is good that I did do that because it just flushed past my stop and I would have taken a much bigger loss than the small one I took today. I'll also detail some of the other trades I wanted to take but didn't.

White arrow is entry followed by exit.

SGYP: I had this on radar for a long since the daily looked good and it had nice staying power. I saw it do the same thing as yesterday before it spiked up so I went long but unfortunately it fell right after I went in and while I tried to stay patient I decided to get out before a possible flush, which was good because that is exactly what it did afterwards. Even though the prior support peaked, it came back later in the day to make nHODs. I was eyeing it later in the day since it looked like an ABCD pattern but I never pulled the trigger; it was a perfect 3pm breakout after holding trend the entire day once volume came in.


BIOC: I was eyeing this for a pop and short in the morning but the price action was very weak out of the gate. Looking at the daily again after everything was done, I noticed that it did have very similar days to today where it doesn't pop that much but just fails. The main reason that I didn't short it was because I was expecting it to be a trap and rip but that never happened.

SGNL: I was thinking about shorting SGNL after the big pops it had but was scared because I didn't know the reason for the pops. There were pops later on but there was little volume so it didn't seem worth it.

RADA: I was thinking of going long when volume came in before the nHOD but it came too quick and while I thought it could go higher, it got stuffed and I was thinking about shorting it but thought it could go more.


ADXS: I thought about going long for a potential bounce in ADXS because it had higher lows forming and the selling seemed overdone. Luckily, I never did it since it continued lower.


HALO: I had this on long watch and saw some consolidation and I thought about going long after it broke 23. I had actually played this before as a swing and from my experience with it, I knew it was a whippy stock so I was hesitant to go long. It was a good thing too because it just ended up going lower for the rest of the day.

Things to work on:

1. Remember to be right or right out and balance that with being patient on trades going slightly against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment