Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trading Recap 6/30/15

I made a small profit today on a momo stock which is good because they are definitely harder to trade than anything else. I will detail my trade and some of the other trades I was thinking of taking.

White arrows are entries followed by exits.

SGNL: I saw it early in the AM from Twitter and thought it would be a good long but didn't take it. Later on, it looked like it had cracked support and reclaimed and was perking so I thought about going long for a potential squeeze but luckily I never pulled the trigger (around 11AM). After that, I went short since it looked like the support became resistance and the backside was about to start. It popped up again after touching 2.50s and I almost covered but I learned my lesson from before and decided to give it some space and luckily after that it flushed below 2.5. I did wait a while for it to go lower, even having it go to almost breakeven but I just got tired of it and thought that after going below 2.4 for yet another time that if it ramped back to 2.4 it could start going. So I put a stop buy limit at 2.4 to preserve my gains and it got triggered and I got filled. It ended up having a slight EOD run which definitely would have had me cover for breakeven or a slight loss before it tumbled back to nLODs. Overall, it was an ok trade. Also, it may or may not be a coincidence but the 2.34 support was also the 50% level for the range for the day.


JUNO: I didn't take a trade in this but it did provide good short opportunities. This may have been a good example of a video I just watched (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IDG8VtYats) that explains how news is interpreted by the market. While I am no biotech expert, I believe the deal was great for JUNO and that would be a truth that was also believed by many in the market. Therefore, since many shared the same belief, the inverse happened and the stock fell. I did not think about it like that until now but it makes sense. I will have to keep this in mind going forward and combine it with the price action that is happening.
Anyway, I was looked to short in the AM since I saw a descending triangle forming but there was a lot of risk for my small account so I didn't take it even though it looked nice. It did end up flushing but did come back and I was looking for a potential long if it reclaimed support but it just topped out and went lower.


Things to work on:

1. Keep the lessons learned from the video in mind going forward.
2. Continue being cautious when there are trades that have too wide of a stop for my small account. It sucks when they would have worked but when they don't, you will wish you had stuck to your rules.
3. Continue to give stocks room over/under. It would have been horrible to have topticked SGNL.

No comments:

Post a Comment