Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Trading Recap 6/18/15

Not the best way to start off with the new account but I am still getting back into the swing of things. I have kept my losses small by starting in small and waiting to add into winners. I only played one stock today, SGYP, both long and short, and only played it 100 shares each time with the idea to scale bigger into a winner. Therefore, my losses were small on both trades. Overall, I am happy to be back and hope to have some new-found success.

I will also start writing about some other trades that I didn't take but either were interested in or wanted to get in but didn't get filled.

White arrows are entries followed by exits.

SGYP: I did not have much of a bias either way but I guess I was a little more short biased going into it. After the morning emotion happened I saw that it was consolidating above HOD and it fell and made a lower high which I thought was a good short entry so I decided to short and I was up for a little on my 100 shares looking to add in if the .30s peaked. That never happened of course and I stopped out for a small loss, which at the time was almost a top tick on the top. My original trade was .50 over/under and it never violated that but I am trying to keep my losses very small no matter what. After the .30s held I thought about going long and so when it grinded off the .30s and looked to break the .50s I went long in the .40s and I thought it was going to break out when it went to .54 but it was just a huge stuff and I sold it for a loss and thought it was done and if it peaked in the .30s I would just short pops. It kept holding and I had thought about going long but I wasn't at my computer at the time when it started coming back and when the EOD breakout happened. For the picture, the short and cover is first and then the long and sell afterwards.


POZN: I wanted to short it after the run it made near 11.40 which would have worked but I decided against it when I was about to fill.

Things to work on:

1. Just keep grinding it out and maybe let the trade when you have small size work when a stock tests your stop over/under. Have to find a balance between stopping out for small losses and letting the trade work over/under.

No comments:

Post a Comment