Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Trading Recap 6/25/15

I think I should change my name to Top Tick Vince because that is my new trend in trading it seems, unfortunately. I keep sizing into winners only to have them come back and retest levels and I literally top tick it because the level 2 goes up/down another penny or so from where it was testing and I think it's done and sell/cover then and end up top ticking and bounce/flush. I will try not looking at level 2 in these situations and see if that helps. I will also just be more patient because had I waited for it to make nhod and cover which was only only a couple of cents away from where I actually stopped out vs. just stopping out, I would have made much more overall in my account.

White arrows are entries followed by one exit.

NVAX: I thought the chart was getting overextended and I saw some pros were shorting as well which gave me confidence. I saw some failed follow through with lower highs forming at a base so I shorted the lower high and added after the base peaked. I thought I was good after it retested but it came back above the base and since I added in my risk was to the base over/under. I tried to be patient with it but with the size I had and the small account I have, I feared the worse and that it could spike higher, so when I saw it approaching the HOD I stopped out, which top ticked the bounce and it was only lower from there. Upsetting, but a learning experience. It's much better to wait for a nHOD to cover for a few pennies more vs. just stopping out prematurely. Ideally, I could size down and go back to my original amount and I know I said to not worry about commission but commissions really suck.



Things to work on:

1. Don't look at level 2 when in these situations of when a winner becomes a loser and is just retesting levels that may fail/hold and keep your trade valid. If the stock is near another potential stop out point, like here nHOD vs. over/under .30 base, just wait for the nHOD to cover since it is so close to your stop that a few cents won't matter and it is much better if it doesn't trigger and keep you in the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment