Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Trading Recap 6/19/15

I took two day trades and one bigger, full-size swing trade that I really hope works. The day trades didn't work out and the swing trade I am currently flat on, but hope to wake up to a gap down and flush on the stock to give me a nice buffer so I don't take too much of a loss. On a somewhat related note, I would like to get better at just staying at the computer when there is action to take advantage of and then go do something else when there isn't because otherwise I just get a headache and antsy and just think I am wasting my time.

White arrows are entries followed by exits:

POZN: The daily chart is pretty extended and so I thought any weakness would result in a good short. I saw that it had gone red for the first time in a couple of days and rejected r/g so I started in short with r/g over/under as my risk. It popped above it but then got rejected before holding higher lows and eventually it looked like an ABCD pattern and when it triggered I took it off for a small loss. It ended up going higher so it was a good cover. Hindsight says I could have taken the ABCD long but it was overextended chart and I did not think it could go that much higher. I will keep this on watch though.


W: I saw this stock had a nice day up and so I had this on watch for r/g and especially because of the big short float. I thought this could rip. I saw what looked like a curling/higher lows/ABCD and I knew I would be pissed if I didn't take because the setup looked really good. It broke out for a bit but then came right back down and so I sold out for a very small loss. I might still have this on watch depending on if there are any other better plays for next week.


AMCN: This is the stock that I am swinging short. There were a few candidates to swing short like AMCN, ANTH, and a couple of others but I thought that if it worked out, it would be the best % gainer. It might also be the riskiest of the options but I think it will work out. The story behind this was a huge drop over the past few days after the company sold 75% of their ad business. I am guessing the insiders were not too happy and may have wanted to get out, therefore they put up a "non-binding" offer to take the company private for $6/share. Originally out of the gate I was looking for a short or a long depending on the action. Right out of the gate I thought a short would work since 4.9 seemed to be peaking as resistance and I thought it could fade. But then it held and went up and I thought it could squeeze, so I thought about going long but never got in. I waited for the squeeze to happen to get short but then it never really came and it looked pretty weak. I then started in short half size with the potential to swing it if 5 breaks. After staring at the screen for the entire day waiting to add after a 5 break, I saw it had gotten stuffed for the late day breakout attempt which helped to confirm my reasoning to add in short. So after it got stuffed I waited until 5 was on the bid and it was thinning out to try and get filled on the rest of my shares which I did and while it did go back above 5, I am still holding in hopes for a gap down. I have seen offers like this turn out to be fake like NQ but have also heard of some being real. However, to me it makes perfect sense for the insiders to want to get out after this huge drop. If I am right, I would like to cover if it goes below $3.5 with $3 being ideal. I already have an order in for $3 for all my shares in case some bad news comes out and it tanks.
(Chart below is my two entries since I still have the full position)

Things to work on:

1. Nothing comes to mind even though both day trades didn't work. I think they were good trades that I cut off when the chart was showing otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment