Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Trading Recap 7/2/15

I had a small loss and a breakeven trade today. I lost more in commissions than in actual losses. Not the way I wanted to end the week but I guess it could have been worse. I'll have to think about changing my strategy because what I have been doing hasn't really been working.

White arrows are entries followed by exits.

HSC: I had this on watch because of the daily chart looking very nice for a breakout above resistance and the fact that it had some range yesterday and closed up on the day nicely. Intraday I saw that the resistance was holding as support so I went in for an anticipation of an 18 break. It had a lower high and didn't seem to want to breakout so I took it off. Can't say anything about this except it was a nice try I think.


HIG: I had this on watch from the big green candle from yesterday's action. In the morning, I thought about going in when it made nHOD but then it spiked higher all of a sudden and came back down so I still had it on watch for the rest of the day. I saw it consolidating at a higher level and then when it started perking on volume I went long. It seemed to have worked but then it came right back down and I just decided to get out at breakeven. Even though it was right by support I didn't want this winner to turn into a loser.



SGNL: I saw this spiking and thought about shorting it but then remembered about it having no volume and being very slow so I decided against it. Would have worked out but whatever.

SGYP:  I thought about shorting this because of the HOD consolidation pattern that typically works well but decided against it because of the risk of the wide stop and not having total confidence that it could fade more.

Things to work on:

1. Come up with a better strategy to trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment