Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Trading Recap 7/6/15

I didn't trade today but I just wanted to outline some of the stocks I was thinking of playing.


SGYP: This was on watch for a short after it went to 52 week highs and closed weak. I saw that it was gapping down and so was looking to see if the prior support would become resistance and peak from a few days of 8.9. It went past that with no problem and so the next point I looked at was Thursday's prior support of 9.2. It looked like this would be the place to short but I saw a definite uptrend of higher lows which gave me pause to not short it. It had looked like it had gotten stuffed and rejected and I was wanting to see if that 9.2 level retested and confirmed peaked. It spiked up a bit to that level but kept holding higher lows so I said forget it and it did end up going higher, so I was glad I avoided that. The main thing that kept me out of the trade was the higher lows and the fact that any short pattern I have seen work out usually has a sideways consolidation vs. higher lows and failing.


SGNL: This was something I am a little proud of although I did not make any money from it. I saw how this was holding up after it spiked up from a few days ago when I shorted it. This was very odd for the stock because it always just fades but it was holding up instead. I wasn't really paying attention to it since it was very spready and just trading a few ticks here and there. Eventually, I saw it was going up and I thought about a long but I still didn't like the amount of volume so I said forget it. Eventually it went higher after dipping back and I still didn't take it. I will keep this on watch since it can go higher and it is starting to look a lot like how GENE started.


No comments:

Post a Comment