Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Trading Recap 7/20/15

I had another loss today among a lot of opportunity today. I am not angry though since I think it was a good trade, I just wish I picked something else to short..

White arrow is entry followed by exit.

EXEL: This might be close to the quickest loss I have ever taken. I shorted after it looked to have gotten stuffed and had lower highs anticipating an uptrend break. It happened but then quickly got bought back up and reclaimed with huge volume. I stopped out soon thereafter and after checking Twitter I saw that a firm had raised their view to Outperform right after I shorted it (just like ANAC). I originally wanted to short this in the morning and it would have been a good short but I missed that. The whole reason I was interested in shorting was because of the BMY news that came out at the same time EXEL released their data. I thought this could possibly fade the entire day even though it had already retraced 50% or more of its gap. This might have been a crowded trade but I did not get that vibe from looking at Twitter, although I just look at what my follows are saying so not sure what everybody else did. I think it could have faded had that Outperform not come out.


ETSY: I wanted to short ETSY after the huge run it had because the reason it moved is mostly BS. I never found an entry until later in the day but didn't get filled. After the SSR got on, I became cautious but I saw a nice pattern form with lower highs and tried to get in but didn't


AFMD: I had this on short watch and was looking for pops. It never popped but had failed follow through which I should have started into. I will have to remember failed follow through going forward.


Things to work on:

1. Remember failed follow through momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment