Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Trading Recap 7/14/15

Yet another losing day today. I had a lot on watch like VLTC, OHRP, BIOC, GENE, etc. Those just did not offer any opportunity for me (in hindsight they did) to enter. I entered another trade that I should not have or at least gone the opposite way because of how news is interpreted can affect stocks in opposite ways, as mentioned before in an older post.

White arrow is entry followed by exit.

MU: The one time I actually short this thing out of all the other times I wanted to but didn't and it doesn't work. I saw that they got a takeover bid that might have been fake and that is what it seemed like. So any pops I was looking to short and that is what I did. However, what I forgot to realize is that everybody thought it was bullshit and so the inverse will generally happen, and that is exactly what happened. Where I entered short would have been a very decent long entry after it had subtlety reclaimed support on the 1 min chart. I had forgotten about this way of thinking about news plays but I think after taking this loss it will be more ingrained for the future.



BIOC: This stock did what it always does and it just popped a tiny bit at the open before fading right back down. I had forgotten that but even if I didn't there were no lower highs, it was just a pop to 3 which I could have shorted I guess but this didn't move much anyway.

VLTC: This was pretty much a straight fade once it had peaked at yesterday's highs. While in hindsight a good place to short, I wanted to see lower highs first and they never came. Instead, it just touched yesterday's high and came right back down, like a parabola. There was another pop later on but I didn't short it.

OHRP: This was a tricky trader as far as patterns go. It dumped below 3.5 and below the 3.42 support and consolidated below it before reclaiming it which made me hesitant to short it but it just had a lower high and flushed lower. I guess the lower high before breaking the support was the cue to short. Overall, it was an "easy" short since it just went lower for the most part but I could not find an entry I was comfortable with.



Things to work on:

1. Always remember when playing news plays how the news is being interpreted by most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment