Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Trading Recap 8/15/16

Green again today. This is the first time, I believe, that I have had 3 green days in a row. Kind of a weird feeling but it's whatever at this point. Win or lose I try to have a mindset of just another day at work, nothing special. No hype or anything like that. I made everything in 5 minutes at the open and that was it for the most part. The being patient for the entry has been a huge help and planning better has helped as well. There is room for improvement of course in all regards but it's a good first step. One thing that prevails is trading my PnL when I am up. But I realized that I do not have experience with this because I was always red almost everyday when I traded at Suretrader! So of course I don't have experience controlling those emotions. What has helped though is getting away from the screens and taking a long walk during lull. Helps to rejuvenate willpower and discipline.

ACIA: I got my "revenge" on the stock today on the longside (I wouldn't have taken the trade if there was none). I waited at the open for something to form. I was long biased thinking it would wash and then reclaim and have higher lows. It did that and reclaimed vwap. I got a good entry on a dip to vwap and then added to the winner as it broke out above new levels. It went straight up and I was expecting that and no dips so adding to the winner had to be smart. I was ready to get out of any adds to go back to less size if need be but I just sold it into the push in the morning when it stopped going up immediately. I then saw it break a wedge pattern and wanted to go long but I traded my PnL and was scared after having a very nice win and so didn't trade it. After it pushed to 109s, I kept seeing that each successive push was less and less. My plan for shorting was to wait for the backside. While I could have shorted when I felt each push was getting weaker, and saw a good pattern of a failed breakout and then a lower high at the last resistance, I didn't get in. If I was more confident or had a bigger buffer, I would have gotten in probably but no big deal. Then after it washed to vwap I saw the bounce to 107s and thought about shorting but said I'll wait for backside. Then I saw it keep stuffing after it was consolidating. I decided to just wait for those 104.25s to peak. When the wash and retest happened though I was gone for a walk so I missed a good entry. After I got back from my walk I decided to borrow some shares and short for a wash to 99. I had a plan to start in small in case it fucked around and add if it went to 104s with risk on 104.25 o/u. I waited for a nice pop to get in and added when it looked like the breakdown could happen but it just fucked around so I covered the add and then covered the initial for tiny profits. I saw it reclaimed the support and would probably fuck around and didn't like it overall. While I was a bit emotional during the trade of wanting to protect morning gains and I didn't stick exactly to my plan of either stopping out or letting the trade work, I had a feeling it would just screw around and decided to get out.


NBY: I had this on watch as a recent reverse split and low float. I wasn't really prepared for the short so I let it go but then saw it came back and had higher lows above vwap. I decided to get in on a dip and risk to vwap o/u. Only partial size. Maybe I should have waited for another set of higher lows but either way it didn't work but the damage was minimal.


Other stocks of note:

TWLO: I saw it breaking out of a nice wedge pattern/ABCD and wanted to get long but didn't because of the fear of protecting gains and my PnL going lower. It would have worked nicely of course although I wouldn't have made it to 66. I saw it reclaim but didn't think anything of it honestly other than "that's interesting". I probably would not have traded it long and I was thinking of shorting in the 62 but glad I didn't. I missed the short pattern at EOD that would have been nice.


REN: Still stayed away from the short. In the morning I wanted to see 14s peak for me to go short and of course that never happened. I didn't go long the name either but didn't expect it to go to 17s.

Things to work on:
1. Just continue with the mindset of each day being another day at the job - nothing more, nothing less.
2. Continue with patience of entry and for a stock to do what you thought it would. Continue with better planning.
3. Don't trade PnL either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment