Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Trading Recap 8/11/16

Slightly positive day after incorporating what I discussed in the prior recap. I have to continue working on these as just because you realize what the problem is, it doesn't go right away. You have to work at becoming better.

White arrows are entries followed by exits.

OCUL: This had an upgrade by a 3rd tier bank and it seemed pumpish to me. I was therefore short biased. My plan was to short any lower highs. I shorted after it popped and dropped and came back a bit then added when it looked to have peaked at vwap. For this particular stock I might have forgotten what I talked about yesterday. Looking at the premarket resistance 6.70s were a general area of interest. While 7 was the top, for how the chart looked in the beginning, 6.70s was a good area to risk off. And what happened? It spiked to 6.70s and I covered at the top even though I only had 50 shares and I was only down at most $15ish. That could have been an add point or at the least since I had gone to 50 shares already, to just sit tight ant panic cover. I always think what if? in these scenarios and cover. The adding to 50 shares was ok, but the covering wasn't. Now, I only covered 1/2 of my position which was better than covering the entire thing since my risk on the add was 6.60s o/u. It is tough to discern when something like this happens and it goes slightly above your risk but if it comes back you can downsize and pay yourself instead. Anyway, I reshorted to 50 shares when I thought it was peaking again which doesn't make sense based on the chart now so I'm not sure what I was thinking. I then covered all my shares when it really looked to be holding, which was the top for that and it proceeded to come back down after that. The rest of the day it just fucked around and while it made new lows, it took the entire day. I have to consider that for now only 2 position at  a time means opportunity cost.


REN: Looking at yesterday's chart, the fact that after the parabolic it didn't complete fade showed me that there was still room to run. On parabolics like that, those usually mark the top but it seemed like there was still something going on. When it went green today, it perked my interest and I was interested on dips. I went long on the dip to vwap with risk to r/g. It worked nicely but it seemed to have stuffed strongly, after which I didn't want to stick around in case and I sold for a tiny profit. It consolidated a bit and I saw the breakout but didn't want to chase it. Unfortunately, it just went without me. I could have used chase size though but this is in hindsight. Afterwards it pulled back and I thought about any dips being good. I didn't see the higher lows, or I might have but for whatever reason didn't get in and missed the huge move up. While the stock never invalidated my original stop of going red, selling when it stuffed was the right move even though I missed the huge upside. That could have been it. In the future, on stocks like this with everything aligned, I can chase the breakout.


VRX: After being long yesterday, I was short biased heading into today. After the gap down, the story of a turnaround is over and all the new longs got bagged and will probably be sellers today. I wanted to see lower highs first before going in. I did exactly that and started in with risk to .50 o/u to give it room. After it cracked and peaked 25 I added in and unfortunately covered way too soon. I didn't want the same thing as CEMP to happen to me so after it had that flush and looked to be basing temporarily I got out because I thought it could come back. I had a profit taking point of around .60 which would have worked perfectly but I wanted to lock in profit.I wanted a retest of 25 after the ssr was on but I took a small break and missed it and while I could have gotten in at any point for the reshort, I missed the right entry so didn't touch it. It channeled for a while before breaking under .50.


SPY: I saw that UVXY had been accumulating a lot of premium and although we were making ATHs, the UVXY was holding up and even going higher. I have seen in the past when this happened that they SPY just cracks so after the SPY washed a bit I looked for pops to short and got in at EOD at the .65 resistance point. It came above it then back down but it was holding. I wanted to be patient since the UVXY was holding up nicely still at this point and thought we could fade more but it never came and it got a few cents too away from where I wanted it to stop out but I wanted to give it room. Going forward, unless I get in early, I won't bother with shorting SPY and will long UVXY only on dips. I thought shorting spy would be better since uvxy premium depreciates but in these cases going long uvxy is better because you made money even though the spy didn't go lower.


KURA: I was pretty short biased on this since it seemed like typical pr pump with earnings. I wanted to get any pops near premarket highs with risk on 7 o/u. I put in an order when it was spiking but I forgot it was HTB and by the time I borrowed it, it had already fallen a decent amount. I didn't want to chase although that would have worked. I did get in when I saw a nice push to 6 on volume but covered when it was basing a little. I was looking for that to have been the final stuff for shorts to cover and it was but I didn't give it enough time and wanted to lock in, in case it reversed against me.


Things to remember:

1. Keep working on the new plan creation method and outline your risk more efficiently. You are very good when someone tells you to do something one way and you do it. Tell yourself your plan and you will stick to it.
2. Stay in the present moment and don't think what if??
3. Go long uvxy in these scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment