Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Trading Recap 12/14/16

I traded pretty poorly today although I didn't lose much which is good. I definitely went on a little tilt after the Fed when the things I wanted to do but didn't do worked and the stuff I eventually did just would not work. I won't go into detail about each ticker as it was just a bunch of attempts for the most part.

Just a bunch of things to work on and take note of:

1. Don't care about the money and the minute changes in PnL. Don't care about your PnL day to day.
2. Again from yesterday, don't do these stupid bullshit little trades that you try to be cute on and give it a few cents risk hoping it will work out.
3. If you do a breakout/breakdown trade you have to be ok with retesting or coming back below the area it broke out from especially on ETFs. Either don't play them or you have to give them the appropriate risk.
4. Another reminder about volume bars and not rushing in when you see a larger than prior volume bar.
5. Only use absorbing bids/offers as trade ideas if it is very obvious and it is persistent.
6. If you miss a trade because you didn't do it in the first place then don't try it later on a bounce/retracement. You missed it and often you are just shorting/buying into another move higher./lower.
7. If you're unsure just don't trade it. Better to observe how it acts for next time.
8. Just because something has an ATM doesn't mean it has to go down - I know I wrote the opposite a while ago but VCEL was a good example of this not working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment