Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Trading Recap 10/26/16

Today was a tiny green day. I did one really stupid trade that I still don't know why I did it and i did one great trade that I failed to add to/be patient on since I was just up on the day at that point and my thing going into the hiring decision has been to if I am green to just stay green no matter what. Horrible long term but for now I just want to get hired in 2 weeks then afterwards I can go back to carefree trading. So I stopped trading after piking out of CMG short and really wanted to reshort it but didn't in case it didn't work. Obviously stupid but for now it might just have to be how things go.

GRMN: This was a pretty stupid trade. I basically saw it rip at the open and then come back to vwap and then look like it was going to break out. I got long when it was over vwap and right after it just tanked to 52 so I got out. Quick loss there. I really thought they would have more follow through since the earnings were really good but I guess not for whatever reason. While the trade could have worked, I essentially ended up buying a lower high. I could have waited for an actual break instead. I also switched to the 1min instead of staying with the 2/3min for this and I saw way too much that didn't matter. There was no setup/pattern here. I'm not sure what went through my mind other than FOMO I guess of missing out on another run and wanting to get in without any setup. Usually I am pretty good with not having FOMO but I guess this was a good reminder.

CMG: I really piked this trade for the reasons mentioned above. I shorted it on a pop after it had some failed follow through. I gave it to vwap over/under. I was down $2/share but it was still under vwap so it was ok. It was good I didn't take it off then. It came back towards the low and for whatever reason I thought it would just bottom there again so I got out right before it made new lows. I saw a lot of good patterns in it that I could have taken but just didn't due to what I mentioned above. Overall the trade I actually did take was good overall. I just covered way too soon and never reshorted.

Other ideas:
AKAM off the flag at vwap and the vwap bounce

Things to work on:
1. No FOMO

No comments:

Post a Comment