Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

Trading Recap 10/17/16

Some really, really stupid trades today that resulted in yet another losing day. The stuff I did, I should have known better, and I'm not sure why I did the trades to be honest. There were so many other better opportunities that I just did not take advantage of. Not really much else to say, to be honest.

HAS: This was probably the stupidest trade out of all of them. I shorted more size I should have after I saw what I thought was a stuff and an absorbing offer at 80. I shorted in front of 80 due to these reasons plus the fact that most of the prior earnings have been faded. I didn't really have a plan to get out since I figured it would just work although I figured 80 over/under would be ok. Well it went a bit higher and I got some what ifs? plus I had no real plan and was in too much for some reason. I covered, it dipped, and then went higher. Could it have worked? Meh. I should have put a stop above 80 since the main reason I was short was the absorbing offer on top of the stuff. I didn't think this one through and used the 1min candle for this. I should stick to 2/3 minutes for most cases. Not much else to say here other than of course have a more concrete plan and size accordingly.

ARIA: When it got under vwap I shorted on a pop since I thought it could have continued fade but I should have heeded my lesson from before and make sure to only get in on true peaking action. It was just under it at the time. It could have worked and I gave it enough room where when it dipped I was able to stop out for a much smaller loss. Overall, had I waited for peaking action or more confirmation, I wouldn't have taken the trade. Again, react vs. predict.

CLVS: It finally peaked at that main level I had been looking at (and should have been waiting for this entire time). I saw it was under vwap and looked good so when it broke the uptrend I shorted. I shorted small size because I wanted to give it room. I ended up shorting near the bottom unfortunately and after it retested vwap and held a higher low and went higher I got out. I guess this was worth a shot since it really seemed like it was the day it would go lower and it had enough volume. I did small size since it wasn't the best entry so I guess that was a good call.

SRPT: I saw this in the morning and saw it was peaking at the level I was looking at before the open. I didn't get in then and when it was under vwap since I wasn't too sure about it, but it ended up working great. I ended up shorting when I thought it had a vwap push and fail but it ended up just going higher so I took it off. I might have manufactured something when there wasn't anything there but I guess it could have worked. Meh.

NTNX: This was my only winner but it was a small one. I shorted when it looked weak and was peaking prior resistance. It looked good for a few point flush so I started in, in case it went to vwap I would add there since I wasn't sure how long it would play out. It ended up working pretty quick after this huge offer came out of no where in front of my entry. I thought it was a spoof to just drive it lower before perking it back up so I was skeptical. It ended up making new lows but I was looking for more and I only had partial size. It then fucked around and did nothing the rest of the time essentially.

Things to work on:
1. Nothing new. Everything I should know already.
2. When you are afraid, chances are that is the trade to make.
3. Wait for vwap to hold/peak and confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment