Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Trading Recap 9/30/16

Friday was flat for me. More size on my loser than my winner but ended up flat due to patience on the winner and stopping out on the loser. The 3min charts continue to be useful and help to filter out ideas. I did have some decent other ideas that I didn't act on. It's slowly coming together.

ARIA: I completely missed the fade at the beginning of the day which was disappointing. I was looking for any pops but they never came and I didn't want to chase it lower - it would have worked but while it was happening in real time I thought if it pops and I chase I will be pissed. Plus this stock hasn't really done anything else this before - it usually pops a bit first before coming back down. Overall while it was disappointing to have missed it, it's ok. Later on when I saw it bounce I thought it could have more downside - I did some bigger volume come in near the lows so there was that weighing against it that it might be done going down. But considering the chart I figured it it goes to vwap, goes above it, then comes back down, it could stay like that. It did do that and so I shorted near the bottom of what ended up being a higher low unfortunately and I have it the full out to the past high it made. I got stopped out but it did go higher. I'm not really sure if there is a lesson here. I did not expect it to rally this much and I figured it could have more downside to it at least or at least retest lows. It just didn't work but I followed my plan and stopped out and that was it.


LABU: I was monitoring it and I saw it had a big push and had big volume near the highs of the push so I thought it was a good short and it could at least fade $1 for a scalp. I shorted 48.45 and it did come back down a bit. At that point I put a breakeven stop because I figured if it came back then it would probably go higher. Now, this has bit me in the past before but I shorted close enough to the high - sure it could have retested .50s and failed but overall it had a couple days down and it could just bounce the rest of the day which is what happened. I guess a lesson here is to know the big picture but I did keep that in mind as mentioned so nothing of note here.


AUPH: I am glad I avoided AUPH on the frontside of the move. Using the 3min charts really helped tell me there wasn't a clear setup for me. I kept thinking this could be the stop at each spot but didn't trade it because I didn't want to step in front of anything. It wicked a couple of times in the .40 areas and I thought it could be it but then it went higher. Eventually after going to the .70s and failing I saw it had come off and started peaking at the .50s again. This was a good setup but I wanted to be cautious given it was trading a lot of volume and it was still above vwap. I shorted small size - I should have done more although it is hindsight. I wanted to give it room in case it fucked around before coming off like AUPH did. It got under vwap and I thought about adding when it retested vwap but thought it could still reclaim vwap. So I ended up staying small throughout it. I covered when it was absorbing and holding around .14 and wanted to be careful given how many shares were traded/float rotation. Overall, it was decent execution just wish I had more size but so be it. I am starting to get better at trading, I think, and I should start increasing my size intelligently. This was one of those plays where it was just going to be my first entry and that was it since I was still unsure. One thing I forgot to mention was that stuff candle - I remember I looked at the 1 min chart and AUPH pushed and then slammed right after that so that helped add conviction to actually placing a trade.


No comments:

Post a Comment