Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Trading Recap 10/13/16

Today was a pretty shitty day as I lost all of Wednesday's gains in about 20 minutes with three trades back to back not working. The sad part is that literally every other trade I wanted to/should have taken would have worked. There's not much to say about the three trades I took. They weren't completely random but they weren't really that good in hindsight. I think it came down to frustration from missing out on some earlier moves and just wanting to get something that looked like it could work but meh. So that is just the main lesson for today.

Some other things to mention. AAMC once it went to new highs and came back I knew it had gotten everyone out but I was too afraid to go in. Those are the times when you bank the most - I have to be willing to put some risk on when I see a A++ setup like that - similar to SAEX. It is difficult to add to that if you shorted when it was under vwap but wanted to stay in.

SRPT and CLVS were just randomish trades that could have worked I guess but were just random. SRPT was more random - I had thought it would be a good short much earlier and then it went down $1 so after missing that whole move I figured r/g would be a good spot for continued fade. But that didn't work. CLVS went under vwap so I tried it again for the 100th time and it was more of a dip than a peak and there wasn't a lot of volume so. But for CLVS I did cover near the top and could have gotten out for flat had I held a bit. Perhaps I should have given it to r/g over/under or waited for more confirmation. I think it just came down to wanting to get in something.

OCUL I missed the morning move and then went full size too quick and ended up covering near the top as it was a last ditch yolo play to get me back from my downside. It ended up working.

These are the days that remind you to only trade the best setups and forget the rest. Also, it's why you don't go full size all at once but go in partial and add in on good spots and don't panic if it goes a bit more than you thought it would.

Lessons:
1. When you are most scared, chances are that's the time to strike.
2. When you miss plays that would have you banking, don't get FOMO on everything else to play catch up.
3. If something goes against you a bit more, don't freak out and instead see about adding if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment