Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Trading Recap 9/27/16

Today was a very small losing day. There were some positives to the day and some negatives - some improvements and some things I still need to work on. using 3min charts are definitely helping.

ARRY: I was long biased in the morning although to be honest I wasn't entirely sure. In premarket it did stuff and have some lower highs but I figured shorts were overall still underwater and even though some longs would need to be funneled out, once that happened it could continue higher. I thought it had flushed out and came back to reclaim a level of support. I entered there but was so stupid and afraid of some mystical flush that would happen that I sold it for a small loss quickly. It did end up going higher from there. It broke out from that base which ended up being a failed breakout but I longed it on the dip afterwards but it had no followthrough so got rid of it after it dropped vwap. That was the last thing I did with it. Lesson: No what if!!


SAEX: This should have been a huge win but instead it was a flat ticker for me. I saw it ripping towards resistance from the other day when I shorted it. I shorted it at 9.10 due to the big volume but saw it was holding and got out when it made a new high. I then saw it do some level 2 toppish action so got in at 9.27 (3 cents from the high) and thought I was good. But it consolidated for a bit and I acted emotionally. I originally had a breakeven stop but I didn't want the little profit that was there to go away so I got out on what turned out to be a stuff. After that it was it and went lower than my original target for it. I used the 1min but the 3min would have been better. Lesson: Give things enough room and don't act emotional. Don't think about the money.


NVAX: This was finally the day for a part of the washout. I saw it in the morning and it looked like it was just doing nothing again but it did end up looking weak. It had that stuff which was the sign but I didn't think anything of it because a stuff like that isn't the type I am used to, so that is a lesson there. I thought it would have to go higher though to get out all shorts so that is why I was hesitant. But when it went red I knew it was time. I didn't want to chase it down so when it went red I waited for the r/g retest and got in there. I wish I had more size of course but I covered on that huge volume candle near the low. I tried reshorting in case it wanted to go lower since it looked weak but it didn't so I covered that for a small loss. I then reshorted later in the day after it peaked a level and put in some lower highs. It came back to the lows but then rebounded so I got out for flat. Lesson: Those big red candles with volume are stuffs too. When you are anticipating a trade like this for the past few days, if it gives you a good reason to get in like that stuff then do it.


KITE: I didn't touch it at the open or for most of the day since I didn't see a trade in it. I was watching it but never got in it. It just fucked around for most of the day. However, later in the day I noticed it was under vwap and had tried to get over vwap before but failed and was now under. It looked like a good short opportunity especially with JUNO going higher but this not doing anything especially with the market bounce too. I got in with risk to vwap in the .70s and it never got to vwap but there were some what if moments that came into my head but I got rid of them. It did test $60 a few times and I was close to covering but I let it test $60 o/u. It kept going above it then coming back down so I thought about adding which would have been great with low additional risk but I never did. (One step at a time). Afterwards it broke the .58 level after all that stuffing at the $60 level so I thought this was it so I added when it looked like it could breakdown more. This was a mistake. Obviously it could have worked in hindsight but I shouldn't have been to quick to add there. I guess it's hindsight but I should only be shorting pops. It came back up and I covered the add when it broke the .80 level but still stayed with the initial which was good. It got up to the $60 level but I let it test again and then it dipped back down and I got out which helped minimize the loss a lot to just a tiny one. Lessons: Good job with no what ifs affecting you and letting things have proper room. Just add when something at $60 happens on level 2 and don't add when it looks good for the breakdown.


Things to remember:
1. Red candle stuffs like that are stuffs too that should be looked for.
2. Give things enough room.
3. No what ifs.
4. Add when down in certain cases like this with the $60 rejection.
5. Don't think about the money - no emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment