Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

Trading Recap 9/19/16

Today was a meh trading day. I did lose a little money but nothing major and nothing near my downside. Some bad luck and some poor trading led to the results but nothing major.

GBSN: I was looking for continued downside on this due to people getting their new reverse split adjusted shares. It had some volume at the open and it failed and went red so I tried getting filled but got a shit fill as I had to keep lowering my offer but I just wanted to get in. It popped back to r/g and stuffed so I added in there and it did drop for a bit. I was hoping for more downside and was trying to be patient but it got to a point where it was just prints showing on the chart and not candles so I covered there for small win. It ended up going back to the lows but never made new lows and just fucked around the rest of the day.


CRBP: This was definitely a tricky stock. It had some failed follow through and went red so I shorted on pops. The first entry was good and I wanted to add as it looked good for a fade so I added on what I thought was a good pop but I should have waited since it was iffy. I guess it could have/should have worked but meh. It was consolidating around vwap and I thought maybe it had reclaimed support but wanted to be patient with it because it did look good and did have weakness that other days didn't have. Unfortunately a newsletter got involved and everybody covered and wrecked the play. So that was my main loss which was ok since it was overall good trading and a good setup. The only thing bad was the add which was meh. I tried it again later on when it went under vwap thinking that was it but I shorted near the bottom and it came right back so I got out. I thought it was a stuff at first but it was holding and acting unlike a stuff so I got out which was a  good choice. I never traded it afterwards due to the low volume and how the stock would move. Positives: Had decent first entry. Negatives: Chased a little on the second attempt under vwap but meh. Neutral: Should have possibly waited on the add.


TECD: I saw it had acquired some part of a company and usually shorting the acquirer works well. I wanted it to breakout and fail and then repeak at the prior resistance for a good entry. It did do that so I shorted but didn't give it enough room even though I said I have to give it to fake breakout highs. This was similar to AERI where I thought it should have worked right away but it took a little extra that I wasn't prepared for. I think it comes to being actually confident in the trade. With CRBP I thought it had reclaimed but wanted to give it some room because the chart setup was good. Here I just took it off because while I thought it was ok I didn't want to risk that much for this setup. It ended up going below vwap and then reclaiming vwap. I thought it might be a good long since those work well and it did work but I wasn't confident in it since I thought it would be a good short. Usually if the acquirer is to fade it just does so from the gate instead of going up so that was another thing I wasn't sure of which made me question my short. Positives: Waited for pop and retest to get in. Negative: Not enough room given/no confidence in trade - if you aren't going to give it the proper room then don't bother.


CLCD: I had this on the backburner. I saw it had moved up a bit and after it had consolidated at the highs and had a big red candle I thought about shorting as seen with the first oval but never did, which would have been nice. Later in the day I saw the vwap reclaim for a long but didn't bother and then saw a nice pattern to short. Given the extended daily I thought it would be ok - this is the second oval. But I thought it would have to do more bullshit first to get people out. That is exactly what happened and I saw it stuffed and came back off. I shorted there with risk to where it stuffed. It looked good but it was low volume and I didn't want to be stuck in a random spike although I had small size. I chose to get out for flat right before it started going down. It sucks and I have thought about this before. Sometimes getting out before your stop works and sometimes it doesn't It has to do with confidence in the setup as I alluded to before and if you are really going to give it the full out and if you feel it is worth giving to the full out. If not then you shouldn't take the trade in the first place. Positives: Waited for bullshit to happen to get in Negatives: Stopped out prematurely due to lack of confidence in trade that would have worked


Things to work on:
1. If you aren't going to give it the proper wiggle room then don't bother with the trade.
2. No what if scenarios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment