Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Trading Recap 12/31/15

No trades again for me. I didn't see much that interested me besides LEI. I was about to short LEI but didn't pull the trigger which was good since my entry would have been bad.

LEI: I first saw it when it was at $5 and then looked at the float and said forget about shorting it for a while. I thought it would have to parabolic and to look for that for a short entry. It had a parabolic but I didn't short it since it didn't seem like enough. While it did wash a $1 it came right back and continued higher. I waited for an entry to go short and while I thought about just going long, there was no way to mitigate my risk and it would be just blind chasing and hoping it keeps going even though it probably would. Anyway, I got interested in a short around the $8-9 area when it looked to make a lower high (arrow shows point of interest). Looking back this was a foolish thought since there was no real confirmation of any lower high being formed and it was still on an uptrend. Plus it still didn't parabolic. As mentioned above, I didn't enter the trade. Later on, I saw it peak at prior support and it looked like VLTC and WTW from yesterday. I couldn't short due to 1:1 margin (although now that I think about it 50 shares would have been ok although I am not sure if I can do 50 shares on a $9 stock with suretrader). Again, moral of the story is to let it peak at a prior support after falling through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment