Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Trading Recap 1/11/15

No trades for me today although I would have definitely traded had I been present for the opening stuff in AVXL. There were other opportunities in ATV and others throughout the day but I didn't take them due to uncertainty. I do have a sense of more confidence though and I am better at knowing which stocks to play and which not to. For example, today on WTW I saw a lot of people trying to play the bounce and while it looked good on the chart intraday, I tried to get an idea of what was happening with the stock and trying to form a thesis. I couldn't come up with one and in fact I thought it should just be consolidating and that is pretty much what it did for most of the day. Trade the best, fuck the rest. The only thing I need to get fixed is my sleeping. Lately I have been feeling tired for some reason and my sleeping hasn't been the usual quality of a good straight 8-9 hours. So even though I went to sleep at 10:30 last night expecting to be good at 8AM and prepare for the day, I still felt tired since I woke up a few times during the night and slept until 9:10 which didn't give me much time to prepare and made me miss AVXL.

AVXL: I was glad to see it shortable at suretrader and with the gap up and pump news I figured it would be a good short on all pops. Unfortunately, it stuffed right at the open which I was unprepared for and missed that trade. I thought about shorting it on the bounce in low to mid 5's for a 5 wash but with the SSR on I was too late (again!) with my order entry and couldn't hit the bid.


ATV: I thought I missed the short at the open when it faded back down but the reason I didn't short it was that it didn't seem to have had any stuffs/big parabolics so I never really saw an entry. I missed the reclaim which I should have saw and went long for. As it went up I was looking for a clear stuff on big volume and/or lower highs. The stuffs weren't on as big of volume but I did notice it getting toppy in the $10 area but didn't want to start in yet. Once it had some lower highs and fails of support I should have went in as I have seen this before and know it is a good r/r. That is my mistake. At the time I wasn't sure though and when it bounced a bit I thought it could still go but it was a failed bounce. However, I had to leave at that point.


No comments:

Post a Comment