Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Trading Recap 12/30/15

No trades for me today since I either didn't have the shares to short for the trade I wanted or I was too late for the trade I wanted by the time I saw it.


WTW: I mostly watched this for the entire day as it went higher and didn't want to short this until it has peaked at some level of prior resistance. I guess going long would have been the better choice but I didn't really see any entry that fit for me. Towards the end of the day, it ended up breaking and peaking at the $23.7 support, which I thought would be a good short. I decided against it because I didn't think it would crack that much and thought it could still have a run at the end of the day since it mostly grinded up the entire day and didn't parabolic. However, I have to remember in a previous blog post I wrote with VLTC where the same thing happened and I saw it but didn't short. Link here: http://holeinonetrading.blogspot.com/2015/07/trading-recap-71615.html


ATNM: I missed this completely in the morning since I wasn't watching it although it was on my watchlist. I saw it gap up and was interested in shorting it. Once I saw it peak at the prior support I figured it might be a good short but never entered.


FXCM: I was looking for a weak open r/g since it was consolidating for most of the prior day and it hadn't gone down yet. Unfortunately, I missed that and then I saw the huge parabolic and once it consolidated around the $24 area I saw the $23.7 area act as resistance. Since it had pretty much squeezed out completely, when it broke above on good volume I thought it would be the stuff to attract all the breakout chasers and that is what happened. I wanted to short but didn't have shares.


TK: I saw this curling lower on the daily chart after a decent run up so I had it on short watch. Unfortunately, I didn't see the perfect pattern forming of lower highs and a nice support base that it broke with ease.


No comments:

Post a Comment