Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Trading Recap 10/12/15

No trades for me today, although I did an order in for one but Suretrader fucked up saying I had no BP even though I did. The trade would have worked although I am not sure if it would have been profitable since it did end up coming back to my entry and I'm not sure if I would have covered beforehand. There was a lot of opportunity today that I saw and didn't take advantage of. At the same time a lot of it was more things I was uncertain of but in hindsight, would have been great trades.

CANF: This was my main watch in the AM. I thought about shorting this in the premkt after it stuffed on the false breakout. It would have been a nice scalp into support but I am unsure if I would have been more patient or not. I probably would have covered right before market open, which would have been ok. Right at the open it flushed to support but then ripped back up and made a new high but then got rejected. Thinking it got rejected and any pops would be good shorts I looked for a lower high and was about to short but it brokeout again but got rejected and that was the top. I monitored it for a bit afterwards and unfortunately I had to go do something while it had a setup I was very familiar with. It tried to break out from the base but then just had lower highs afterwards and I have been that pattern work with great success numerous times.


ZINC: This is the one I put an order in for but it never went through. I had this on watch for a short and saw it had some failed follow through. I was looking at the prior support from Friday as a guide and once that broke I should have shorted there but it was too quick. When it retested 5 and looked to be peaking I put in the order thinking it could fade a lot more. It did fade but then it consolidated and came all the way back.


APDN: The main reason I didn't short this was because it had very little volume and it was so thin. I saw the huge volume 9 breakout attempt fail and was thinking about shorting it there but it was so jumpy. It fell quite  a bit before coming back and I thought it had more in it but it just had lower highs and fell from there. Sort of a missed opportunity, more like something to play with smaller size with a bigger account.


AQXP: I saw this running huge in the AM on big volume and thought about scalping the parabolic short. Good thing I didn't since it went a lot higher from there. Usually with these parabolics if you switch to another timeframe like the 3min in this case, you can clearly see the rejection wick along with the highest volume bar. The 1min wasn't as clear cut. Anyway, I was monitoring it and saw a stuff on the 1min but I wasn't too sure about it. Turns out whether or not it was a stuff, it would have been a great entry since it faded quite a bit from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment