Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Trading Recap 9/3/15

Another day, another losing trade where I was right but had bad timing/stopped out too early. Account is close to that $500 level. If I hit it, no problem I've learned a lot. The next time I trade for real, if I blow this account up, is with a much higher account balance. Even though I know it shouldn't matter since if I make a good trade I will make money and not go negative, it is hard to go in one shot kill vs. partialing in with set risk. I'll detail this in my recap below.

White arrow is entry followed by exit.

GERN: I saw this was gapping up on BS news and saw that it has a nice tendency to fade after gap ups. With that in mind, I was looking for any failed follow through/lower highs to short into. When it looked to be peaking at 3.50 I entered short with risk to 3.5 over/under. I ended up shorting right at a higher low and reclaim and got squeezed back up and so I stopped out. Ideally, my stop should have been at the HODs which never would have triggered and would have kept me in the position. In addition, I could have added on the lower highs and better my average. Could I have done that with my account? Yes, and to that extent I fucked up. As a last resort, I may be more liberal in my trades since I only have another $100 before I stop trading so maybe this will work. For trades like today and TRVN yesterday, that would have worked perfectly. And on countless others it would have worked as well. Obviously if the trade doesn't work out then I am more screwed with the extra commission and slightly bigger loss, but at this point it doesn't matter for this account and I am willing to try new things.


WIN: I had this on radar for a fade and I had to go to class before a setup presented itself. But just putting this here as a reminder that it was a good idea and the trade would have worked nicely once it peaked at g/r.


TRVN: I had this on watch for a r/g and it looked nice when it had some higher lows and reclaimed support. It failed at r/g and faded pretty nicely from there.


Things to work on:

1. Trade like I have a normal account and not a $600 account.

No comments:

Post a Comment