Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Trading Recap 9/15/15

I didn't place any trades today although I wish I did since I was right on the money with a lot of plays. Another case of having the right thesis but not acting on it. For now though I am content with that seeing as I have almost blown up 3 accounts (working on the third currently..). I'll be able to place the trades when the time comes. I know it. For now, here is just a recap of the tickers I was looking at today.

SGEN: I saw this had an offering and know from previous tickers like TRIL that if they are positively received and the stock actually goes up rather then down, there is continuation for a few days afterwards. It had two solid green days up and I was looking for continuation and weak open r/g. I wanted higher lows and got exactly that so no excuse for not taking this. It setup perfectly how I would play it. The reason I did not take it is because it is an idea I came up by myself and I did not see anybody talking about it on Twitter so I figured it might just not be worth it and be a "random name" that I have avoided playing. I think if I had a bigger account and could allocate a smaller position to it and let it work or not, then I would have played it. It is true I did not have the best of confidence in it but the technical setup was there and the reason behind the move was clear. I only have one or two trades left so I guess I didn't feel this was worth taking a shot on. I'll remember this though for next time.


EVOK:  I saw this ramping up and saw the news and compared tit to prior times it gapped up and saw it just fades horribly from the initial spike. Really no excuse to not short if you really do know most likely what the end result will be.

VSR: I saw this running and thought it might go again since it is a former runner. However, a trend never really formed and I saw it got stuffed. I was thinking about shorting it but I saw pro traders on twitter think about going long. Usually they are right and I am wrong so I heeded the warning. Again, I'll take note of this. It's hard to go against the grain when your results have been shit so far but I guess that is what becoming a better trader is about. White arrow is the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment