Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Trading Recap 8/4/15

I didn't make any trades today (although I wish I had, again) but I think I am getting much better at figuring out when to enter and what to play. I might be over-analyzing things though, because I always find a particular reason to not try a trade out. There is a probably a reason for that and it stems from my low account size, but overall, I am being much more selective (maybe too selective).

LXRX: I wanted to short this when I saw that it had tried to break the prior day's high and failed to break r/g after that. I was going to short it with risk to r/g but I saw that it could still form an ABCD and so I avoided it. However, I could have shorted it later on pops when the ABCD clearly failed. No excuse for that.


BXLT: I just kept this on watch in case anything set up and it did right in the AM. While it wasn't a perfect stuff with big volume, it got rejected on a nHOD push so at the time I thought it would be a good short but I thought it could have a higher low and go up again. My original idea was correct; I just came up with a reason to not go in. I guess this also stems from consistently losing and not having many winners, thus giving me low confidence and thinking the trade will just be another dud anyway.


WBAI: I just had this on watch in case it set up properly. I saw it had a huge spike up but then after almost forming an ABCD, it just had lower highs and it looked like it had some failed follow through. It wasn't the best looking setup so I avoided it and I saw the SSR was on so that definitely turned me away from the trade. Arrow shows where I wanted to enter.


RJET: I wanted to short this after having some failed follow through and peaking yesterday's support and then stuffing.


No comments:

Post a Comment