Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Trading Recap 8/11/15

Still no trades for me although yesterday was definitely the day to go long. Hindsight of course though. Anyway, I am going to recap some of the trades I was thinking of taking but didn't but again wish I did. I am getting more confidence and I am starting to see things more clearly as to what is a good trade vs. bad/random trade. I just need to actually pull the trigger. The money is out there, if I take it, it's mine and if I don't I shouldn't expect sympathy.

AQXP: The only trade that would not have worked. I was thinking of going long in the morning after it flushed through support and temporarily reclaimed. But I think it will just fade off unless there is another catalyst like more shorts getting squeezed. ST didn't have borrows and I don't think CP did either so I am not sure if there are any shorts left to squeeze although I heard IB had shares. If it had perked off more it would have worked, although there would be more risk and I most likely wouldn't have traded it. After it bounced a little, it just hung around and then it dropped.


CZR: I had this on short watch since it seemed to have parabolic'd a bit on the daily and for almost no good reason. I saw it had consolidated in the AM and formed a base and when it peaked I should have went in. I think I wanted to see if this would have worked and it did so I will look to play it in the future. Although I think I would have gotten out when it double bottomed, even though it faded more afterwards.


SUNE: I was looking for some sort of a bounce (that I probably wouldn't have taken anyway since this looks like it will go to OTC eventually at this rate). I saw a base forming and thought I should short it when it broke. It would have worked but I am not sure if I would have rode it all the way down.


NVAX: The trade of the day and one I really was thinking about taking. It had ripped in the AM and when it broke out of its flag my first inclination (after saying damn I missed the flag break) is maybe it will stuff here for all the people thinking it will be another AQXP. That is exactly what happened where it consolidated at HOD and it just failed.


Things to work on:

1. Still take the fucking trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment