Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Trading Recap 8/12/15

Yet again no trades for me when I would have nailed them had I actually traded. Like I keep saying in my previous posts, my intuition is getting much better. I just have to press the damn button. I think I will just start with 100 shares instead of going with the usual 2-300 shares on these smaller priced stocks. While not a lot, it may give me a sense of adding into a winner and get my feet wet in order to actually make some money. I will also be focusing on fewer stocks which means I will have bigger screen real estate for the stocks that actually matter. I believe I missed a definite entry point on CERE today for me due to me not paying that much attention to it when I am looking at a bunch of other stuff at the same time. It only takes one trade to make my day and I only play 1-2 stocks a day at most anyway. I know I have missed trades in the past as well due to this. These will be my two main improvements going forward. I'll be going on vacation for the next week so if anyone actually reads this blog, don't expect any entries for the next week or two since right after coming back I have to go back to school, unfortunately....


CERE: Looking at the daily chart I saw the resistance between $4-4.5 so that is where I was looking at. I also thought that people would be too scared to short it due to AQXP and I remember any trades like this after PBMD being easy faders. So that was my thesis for the trade (in addition to the news being BS and it has had similar news in the past and it has just faded back). So, it spiked right away but then came right back. It then was peaking at premkt resistance $3.9-4. So I thought it could just continue lower from there. I was thinking of shorting $3.90ish with risk on $4 and it would have worked for a scalp to the $3.50s. It came back and it looked like it reclaimed but then what I missed (due to having this chart in a small quadrant on my screen) is the stuff move that happened which probably would have gotten me to enter the trade.


EBIO: Another runner and while there wasn't any entry for me personally while it parabolic'd, there was a clear entry after the fact when it was making lower highs and was peaking at $5. There is no excuse to have not taken trade as it was an easy $1 fade.


Things to work on:

1. Only focus on a couple of charts so that I can have better focus and allocation of screen real estate.
2. Start in small and add in to a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment