Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Trading Recap 5/1/15

It's been almost two weeks since I last traded. Still on a losing streak unfortunately, although if I had waited instead of stopping out on both of the trades I took, they would have worked. My account is below $700 now so it's getting almost to the point of no return since my margin goes away at $500, but I'm going to keep trying to just trade well and not think about the loss.

White arrows are entries followed by exits.

JUNO: I thought this was due for a bounce and after the morning spike it settled down. I thought that it could be forming an ABCD, and I wanted to get in so that I would have a reasonable stop (same mistake made again), so I bought what looked like C forming before an actual higher high was made like I said I should. Long story short I got stopped out two minutes later and it continued lower but then reversed and closed at the highs so my overall thesis was right, just my timing was wrong and my stop was way too small, of course.


TASR: I had a feeling this was mostly a short squeeze but I wanted to wait when support peaked because there was a lot of headlines going around. I also looked at how the stock traded in the recent past and I saw that whenever it had a run in the morning it would settle down and fade a bit until close. So with that in mind and with the fact that support finally was broken I started in with risk over/under the support of around 32.7. It looked good for a bit but eventually it reclaimed and I took it off for a small loss. It squeezed a bit higher before coming all the way back down below my initial short, so again my overall thesis was right. Just wrong timing.


Things to work on:
1. As hard as it is to not put on a trade when you are confident, don't if the actual stop isn't tight enough for my small account. The times where it would work are probably going to be overshadowed by the times it doesn't.
2. Wait for the ABCD to form with a higher higher before buying. When I make it to a bigger account I'll get "fancy" and dip buy in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment