Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Trading Recap 5/19/15

It seems that I am attracted to these low volume stocks. While they are slow, it is good for my small account on margin. The only thing is having to wait forever for any sort of move, which I really hate. Anyway, I made a tiny gain today that was a bit bigger but my patience got the best of me.

White arrows are entries followed by exits.

NHTC: The daily chart is quite overextended and it wasn't on anyone's radar as I think most shorts gave up. I was looking for a late day fade specifically, which is what happened. I saw that based on the 5 day trend, it was acting weaker or at least different than the last few days. So I went in short on the lower high/consolidation below HOD. It was a slow mover but it flushed to 34.20s and I wanted 34 at least since the daily was so overextended. The thing is thought that the flush was on huge volume and usually that is the low for a stock for the day. I didn't want to take partial since I only had 100 shares and 50 shares isn't worth anything. So I waited around but it made higher lows which made me cautious and after getting tired of waiting for the stock to do anything I just put a stop above the resistance where I would want to cover if it reclaimed the support. It spiked and I covered for a smaller gain, which made the whole waiting useless and counter intuitive. Still though, considering the extended daily, this could have went lower and being patient would have panned out. Not a big deal though.


Things to work on:

1. Stop trying to play these low volume stocks.. maybe
2. Cover on big flushes with big volume if there is no immediate continuation downward.

No comments:

Post a Comment