Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Trading Recap 4/6/15

I started the day off pretty well with a nice win but I kept trying to short VLTC and I ended up red on the day. I will be incorporating new rules into my trading for now since I really need to preserve what is left of my account. At the end of the day though I am just glad to be learning for relatively small losses now versus when I hopefully have a bigger account.

White arrows are entries followed by exits.

CYTX: I saw this gapping up in the AM and thought that if it gave the right opportunity it could be a nice long. What interested me the most was at the open it flushed out below premarket support and then came right back and held. This is usually a good sign for longs as it shakes out the weak hands. When it started to base and go I went long at 1.42 with a stop at 1.34. Unfortunately it just made lower highs and without considering commission I would have just taken it off but I decided to keep it on and just let it stop out because I didn't want to sell and then have it rip when it still holding the support.


CMCM: My big winner for the day. I had it on watch due to the big day it had in the prior trading day. I wanted a weak open r/g. It had a perfect setup of forming a channel and once it broke the channel I bought. Unfortunately I didn't get filled on my adds on dips on the way up. I wish I held some for the rest of the day but all things considered I got the meat of the move. It was a technical move with no big picture behind it really and it spiked up pretty fast so I can't complain.


VLTC: Big loser for me and cost me all my CMCM gains. I knew this was just a SSR squeeze and thought I could nail it once lower highs set in but it didn't work out that way unfortunately. The float being traded almost 4x doesn't help either. Arrows will be in pairs so first arrow is entry followed by the exit. The first short at 3.7 I saw lower highs and was anticipating .65 to crack so I can add in and my risk was to 3.8 over/under. The next short I saw it forming a top at 4.05ish so I got short at 3.97 with risk to HOD. The last attempt I thought that was it because there were those big red candles that you only typically see when a stock's momentum is done. I shorted 4.12 with risk on 4.2 over/under and wanted to add once 3.9s peaked for a swing short.


Things to improve on:

1. For now with a small account, don't play the front side of the move. Too risky and costly having to potentially stop out many times for the eventual crack. I managed to stay safe and not stubborn on each attempt but the losses still add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment