Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Trading Recap 1/5/2015

Today was a great day and a good start to 2015. There were so many plays that I was not able to catch everything off the watchlist even though some things happened exactly like I planned. It is always good to prioritize the list and focus on 2-3 setups right out of the gate and leave the rest to setup for later in the day.

I am extremely happy to be able to short stocks via Suretrader's demo account. Most of my wins today were shorts that I am unable to do with TD.

Entries are white arrows.

VGGL:  I had this on watch for a short but after seeing it continue to make higher lows I went long and soon thereafter it spiked a quick 30 cents and I sold all into the spike. At first I wanted to get a bit greedy and wait but I snapped out of that, which was good since it faded the rest of the day.

CYTK: I took this long after it made an ABCD pattern but it reversed and I got out quickly. I am glad I am taking the philosophy of "right or right out" seriously.

CNAT: I had a small win on this since I took a small position due to the increased r/r. I saw a descending triangle pattern and shorted once it broke its base. I covered around 10. There were opportunities to reshort since 10.34 kept peaking and it tested there many times. I will use under/over as a guide going forward.

IDRA: I shorted this exactly per my watchlist plan but still managed to fuck it up. I was looking for that failed momo to the 5.15 area and when I saw that happen I got short with risk to HOD. I was right but instead of covering into the washout to 5 I added more and 5 held and it went right back on me and I covered for a loss. Going forward I will only add on pops and instead cover on washes.

NDRM: My biggest winner so far. Very glad to have been able to short this. I saw the failed momo to the 15 area and started in partial short with risk to HOD. I then added when it broke its base (line in the sand to add size) and it washed out very nice and covered on washes along the way. I saw the spikes afterwards and was thinking of going in short again but decided against it.

Things to work on:

1. Cover into washouts rather than add.
2. Look for more opportunities on the chart to go in again.
3. Use over/under as guides.
4. Don't be greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment