Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Trading Recap 1/30/15

Today will probably be the last day for me paper trading and moving onto a small real account. I probably wouldn't have made this trade if I was trading for real and that is why it probably didn't work, although the market didn't help.

White arrows are entries.

AAPL: I saw an almost ABCD forming in addition to channel forming on AAPL. I thought that with the recent earnings it could continue its momentum. I also wanted to practice buying the dip instead of breakouts. I saw it break the channel but come down. However, the prior resistance was acting as support so I started in with the mentality of right or right out and set a very tight stop. The stop triggered and I lost a very small amount. I then retried since it was acting as support again with another tight stop but it just triggered my stop again for another small loss. In hindsight it would have been a nice short because of the rejection of going to new highs. I will work on that going into the future. I think I just wanted to see how buying dips instead of buying the pure breakout would turn out. Either would have failed but buying the dip exposed me to less risk so I will look to also work on that going forward.


Things to work on:

1. Continue to buy the dip on long opportunities if possible.
2. Always be on the lookout for failed moves.
3.  No afternoon lull trades unless the setup is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment