Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Trading Recap 12/30/14

Quick overview of today's action:

GTI: Looked good on the daily chart and took some on a pullback after it broke out, but it just chopped around so I was flat on it.

IDRA: I bought it in the morning for a nHOD but I sold flattish on it before letting it go to my stop because it made a new nhod and pulled back didn't get going. I played for the pop but when it didn't happen, I got out.

ISIS: I shorted a channel breakdown and was up .40/share but never covered any of it and I added on a pop since it was a lower high, but it then promptly made a higher low and I stopped out of the partial after it went past the prior high that just formed and then let it go red on me. I should have covered some at least when I was up ,40 and should have gone out after it making a higher low. I retried after a descending triangle (lower highs with base) and it cracked but it came back to teh support line and held so I sized down but kept 1/2 and I let it go to nearest high and stop out after that.

NUGT: Bought the nHOD break and it went a bit but I let it come back on me a bit so I sold out some and put the rest at breakeven which stopped out of all my shares. There was a nice support trendline though and the low came right to it and rebounded and eventually making a small nHOD.

Things to work on:
1. Work on selling into lower highs on proper setups like ABCD higher lows or late day fade and just scalping/being patient for other types of trade.
2. Incorporate trendlines more for support lines for better guidance as to when to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment