Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Trading Recap 12/26/14

Ended the day with a minor loss.

ISIS: This should have been a winner but I sold for extremely small profit.

It was a nice ABCD pattern/ascending triangle and so I took some before the break and then added after nHOD. It went up more than 60 cents but I wanted to be patient for the dollar. However, it came back down to my breakeven and I didn't want to turn a winner into a loser so I stopped out. In hindsight I should have locked in some gains and let the rest ride because eventually it did go up for the dollar gain.


GILD: Took a loss on this one. I was impatient again and took it immediately after a nHOD instead of waiting to see if it would hold. I did like the setup though.

It started to chop around and it made a nHOD before sitting right back down. I should have taken it off then since I saw it pulling back right away and the light volume in the markets today didn't help.

Things to work on:

1. Continue to be patient for entries and it is better to be a little late than be early and stop out.
2. Take profits and don't be greedy.
3. If the stock isn't going acting according to my plan, just take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment