Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Trading Recap 1/6/17

Friday was a flat trading day although there was a decent amount of opportunity that I missed out on. Friday basically came down to "meh". What I mean by that is me starting to feel that any particular idea or trade comes down to "maybe it can work, maybe not.. meh". While that can be an ok mindset and can lead to a probabilities mindset, I am taking it to the extreme which isn't good. I thought maybe it comes down to not having a positive expectation of the system of trades I take. I thought it could be a bunch of other stuff but basically I guess it comes down to having this mindset but just taking the trades anyway and just learning as time goes on when and what stocks to buy or short. That is pretty much it as far as a recap goes. I didn't trade much at all even though there was decent opportunity. ALXN for instance looked just like  ACIA did on one day before it had a nice move upward but I never took the trade due to that meh. GPS I had a right read on even though my bias was long initially but after seeing how it was trading I became more short biased but didn't take it either. The only trades I took were on REGN and AMGN - both I had solid ideas on and AMGN I had decent trades on but ended up flat on that even though I would have made decent money. For REGN I didn't get in when I wanted to because of that meh and then finally got in at a random point and just got out for flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment