Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Trading Recap 11/10/15

I know it's been a while (2-3 weeks) since I posted a recap but that is because I haven't been able to trade at all due to bullshit school work. Anyway, most of that is done for now and I was able to trade yesterday although I didn't take any trades, but did try to get filled on some. This is just going to be a recap of the trades I was looking at.


SPHS: I was short biased going into the open and was looking for any stuff move or a move to the premarket highs to get short into. There was quite a bit of range at the open so it was difficult to set an appropriate risk even with 100 shares. Anyway, at 9:32 there was a move to new highs since the open that got harshly rejected. I did not pay much attention to this as I was looking at other stocks but this was the key for an entry. From there it slid for a good portion of the day until coming back. I wanted to get short in the $2.70s or even $3 since I thought it would be an all day fader but that didn't happen.


FOLD: The daily chart on this was quite overextended with multiple green days. The day before was its first red day so I wanted to see continued failed momentum. As I mentioned in a prior recap, if there is a clear support from the prior day, that can be a good start to start in short if it cracks. For FOLD, that was the $10.20 area, which did crack but it was later in the hour I have for trading before I have to go to class and so I didn't bother taking it since I didn't want to have to monitor it for the rest of the day while in school. It ended up being a nice fader from there.


WTW: I was looking to short this but it just tanked at the open. I wasn't really paying attention to it when I should since it presented a pattern I am very familiar with, where the stock attempts to break out but then doesn't and the next high is at the same resistance.


VRX: I saw a stuff near the open and have seen stuffs work on VRX before in a similar fashion. I didn't have any thesis for the trade though other than it stuffed and wasn't sure if there was anything going on with the company as far as news etc. I still looked for a pop after the stuff to get in but it never really came although I could have gotten in no problem with the risk.


No comments:

Post a Comment