Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Trading Recap 3/18/15

Today, I finally tried using the all in method with a tight stop. Funnily enough, the time I first try it it didn't work (w/ all of last week's trades it would have worked). The thing is that while I was in the trade and before I was eventually stopped out, I just felt like a noob going all in with a tight stop. I am going to revise the method to what I originally envisioned (one normal size entry with a decently sized add with a stop and then one exit for all shares). Otherwise, the commissions will be too much if I add add add and then scale out.

CPRX: I wanted to try a failed follow through momentum play and I thought this would be a good option. It was up two days prior with big range so any failed continuation I thought would be a good short. I shorted big size (relative to my piker acct) at that base due to seeing the prior day's support became resistance. I put a .02 stop above the base due to the big size. If I was playing regular size, I would have stopped at r/g which was valid for the rest of the day. The stock ended up peaking at r/g and then coming back below my original short by a few cents before coming back up. I wanted to reshort but decided against it due to the low volume.



Things to work on:

1. While I wanted to try a failed momo play, part of this I believe came from the fact that I didn't see anything else for the day and wanted to still trade. With the commissions the way they are, I must only focus on the best plays and add in to size at a good spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment